Last Updated on
Coffee and green tea are listed as the two most popular drinks in the world. And if you are in a dilemma of which one is better for you, then the most common answer is that both of them are good for you. They contain different amounts of caffeine – a cup of coffee contains 100-150mg of caffeine and a cup of green tea contains about 26mg. Both of these drinks are rich in antioxidants and as such have great health benefits.
Health Benefits of Coffee
Drinking coffee every day is definitely healthy for you. A cup of coffee is the right way to start the day well, to wake you up in the morning and get you prepared for the upcoming daily tasks.
- Coffee has great nutritional value, since it is rich in antioxidants and other nutrients, like potassium, manganese, magnesium, riboflavin, niacin etc.
- Coffee raises your metabolism, helping you to burn fat at a faster rate.
- Coffee can cut the post-workout muscle pain.
- Drinking coffee can help prevent various diseases, such as liver disease, diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease.
- The caffeine found in coffee can also lower the risk of skin cancer, and can also improve your mood, memory, and general brain function.
Problems Sleeping? Check out the Best Mattress Toppers for Side Sleepers
Health Benefits of Green Tea
A cup of green tea is also the right way to start the day. It will have the same effect on you as a cup of coffee can do. Some even believe that green tea is better than coffee because it keeps you hydrated. And just like coffee, it also has many health benefits.
- Green tea is also part of many diets helping you to lose weight. It increases the metabolism, intensifying levels of fat oxidation.
- Green tea can reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
- The theanine, found in tea leaves, can make you feel relaxed and tranquil.
- Green tea can prevent signs of aging and formation of wrinkles.
- Drinking green tea can lower the risk of cancer, as well as other diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Consider getting the Best Recliner for Back Pain if you are suffering from back pain
All in all, both coffee and green tea are good for your health, so no matter which one you choose to drink you won’t be wrong. Both of them contain caffeine, so you should make sure you don’t take too much of it on a daily basis. This is because too much caffeine can keep you awake at night, can provoke faster heartbeat, anxiety, nervousness etc.
- 9 Types of Fish You Should Eat in Moderation or Avoid
- 17 Foods You Can Eat Anytime in Unlimited Amounts
Please note: Articles you read here at FeedFond are genuinely for education or entertainment purpose only. We may earn commissions from the referral link to the products we review. However, this does not influence our judgment, but we strive to help people make an informed decision with positive and negative evaluations. We withhold any responsibility for any loss, risk, and personal or otherwise, experienced as a result, directly or indirectly, from any information or guidance given here.