Most of the time office work involves a lot of sitting. It might seem relaxed and comfortable at first but over time it can do serious harm to your body.
A review of 47 scientific research projects indicated that prolonged sitting can cause cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and obesity.
But not to worry! We at FeedFond have found 6 exercises that can be done from your office desk and still keep you fresh and full of energy!
Contents & Quick Navigation
#6 Knee-To-Chest Lift
This exercise strengthens abdominal muscles improves digestion and helps burn body fat.
- Sit down on a chair. Set your back straight without touching the back of the chair.
- Keep your feet on the floor hip-width apart.
- Keep your back straight. Lift your right knee, and pull it to your chest. Keep your belly sucked in.
- Put your hands on your shin to better stretch your lower abdominal muscles.
- Repeat 20-30 times by alternating your knees.
#5 Double Knee Lift
This particular exercise will work effectively on your belly muscles without putting any strain.
- Keep your legs together.
- Hold the sides of the chair with both hands.
- While keeping your back straight, lift your knees and pull them to your chest. Your abdominal muscles should be tensed.
- Put your feet down, but don’t touch the floor.
- Repeat 10-20 times.
#4 Double Knee Lift Combined With Body Side Bends
This exercise will shape your waist. The oblique muscle workout will help you burn fat from the side of your belly.
- Sit on the chair edge with a straight back. Hold the chair tightly with both hands.
- Bend your body to the side, and sit only on one glute.
- Keep your legs together, and lift both knees to your chest as described in Exercise 5.
- Return to your original position, and bend to the other side.
- Repeat 10-20 times on each side.
The bending exercise will help you burn fat on the belly sides and the hips.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Straighten your arms at the level of your shoulders.
- Turn your upper body to the right, bend, and touch your left foot with your right hand. Stay in this position for a while.
- Return to the original position. Now bend to your right foot, touching it with your left hand.
- Repeat 20-30 times, alternating sides with each bend.
#2 Body Lift Above The Chair
Doing this exercise regularly will burn away your fat quickly. It will also make your belly, back and shoulder muscles very toned. In intensify the exercise, use a chair with arms. Use a fixed chair, not a rolling one.
- While sitting in the chair, hold the arms of the chair tightly.
- Lift your body above the chair to make your hips and legs hang in the air. Use your abdominal muscles to raise your knees to your chest.
- Stay in this position for at least 15-20 seconds, then slowly return to the original position and have a short break.
- Repeat the exercise 4 times.
#1 Knee-To-Elbow Lift
This exercise is really good for your waist. The workout will stress on your oblique and lower abdominal muscles. While doing this exercise, make sure your knee meets your opposite elbow. At the same time, your upper body should turn slightly.
- Sit on the chair with a straight back without touching the back of the chair. Put your hands behind your head.
- Lift your right knee to your chest. At the same time, bend your left elbow to meet your knee.
- Return to the original position. Repeat 15 times.
- Change the knee and elbow, and repeat another 15 times.
- Try to make 4 series of each 15 lifts.
Stay fit and be happy!